APM get Kiwis back to work and back to health, quickly and safely
Our network of more than 500 health and assessment professionals know every injury is unique and needs a personalised approach.
We work with you, your employer, and stakeholders to deliver a simple, structured, return to work plan.
If you have an injury covered by ACC, our services may not cost you anything.
Our team brings more than 20 years’ experience of delivering vocational rehabilitation services to help support your workforce. We know returning to your job quickly following an injury, can improve the speed and success of your recovery.
How it works
- We meet you at your workplace to complete an initial assessment
- We work with you and your employer to develop a plan
- We liaise with stakeholders for plan approval
- We support your return to work
As part of the programme, we may engage with other professionals, such as psychologists or physiotherapists, to ensure you get the best support.
Want to know more?
What to expect when you come to APM
Your health and safety is our main priority
We want every person we work with to have a positive experience with APM.
Our promise is to listen, be respectful and provide expert advice to support your to return to work.
Your dedicated APM consultant will:
If required, you may also be able to access our community rehabilitation services such as Concussion and Pain Management to help your recovery.
- work with you, your employer and medical or health professional to create a return to work plan
- identify any barriers affecting your return to work, and help you manage them
- develop guidelines for a gradual, safe and sustainable return to work
- agree medically appropriate duties and hours with your health professional
- act as a single point of contact between you, your employer and any insurer and health professional
- assess your workplace, your capabilities and identify opportunities for new tools or workplace modifications to make your role more suitable
If you can’t return to your job
If changes to your capacity to perform job tasks mean you can’t do the same role, we can help
When a return to your pre-injury role isn’t possible, we continue our support.
We work with your employer to assess your workplace and your job tasks to get a full understanding of the work being carried out.
We also assess your functional capabilities and use a vocational assessment to determine what jobs you’re best suited for.
Together with you and your employer we look to see if other roles, or new roles, will work out within the same organisation.
If this isn’t possible we work with you to support a job search for suitable work with an alternative employer.
Want to find out more? Contact APM today