If you're considering leaving school in the next two years you may be eligible for APM's Employment Services in Schools programme
APM supports students living with disabilities, health conditions, or other barriers in their journey towards employment. We help these students to prepare for work, gain work experience and find a job.
We create personalised employment plans and collaborate with students' existing school and learning supports to align their educational and employment goals. A dedicated Employment Consultant and Occupational Therapist work with students to identify and support these goals through training and employment opportunities.
Uncovering your best pathway to employment
What we do:
- Explore your career identity to find what work is a fit for you
- Identify your employment goals
- Connect you with training or paid employment opportunities, including part-time work, while remaining at school
- Build your confidence and help you decide your next steps after secondary school
- Provide you with a dedicated employment consultant and access to our employer networks
- Provide you with a dedicated Occupational Therapist to build your employability skills and vocational identity
- Help you update or create your CV, job applications, cover letters, and practice interview skills
APM collaborates with your family/whānau/aiga, your school and broader health and support networks.
This service is fully funded. To find out if you are eligible for Employment in Schools, please complete this form:
To join the programme
Call 0800 236 757, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.