In school with a disability or health condition and wanting to work?
If you're considering leaving school in the next two years you may be eligible for the APM Employment Services in Schools programme
We support students who are thinking of leaving school in the next year or two, who are living with disabilities and health conditions, in their journey towards employment.
We create a personalised employment plan and collaborate with students’ existing school and learning supports to ensure educational and employment goals are aligned. A dedicated Employment Consultant and Occupational Therapist will work one-on-one with the student to identify and support these goals by seeking training or employment opportunities.
Family is an important part of the programme as we help these young people to prepare for work, gain work experience and find a job.
Uncovering your best pathway to employment
What we do:
APM will collaborate with your family/whānau/aiga, your school and wider health and support network as needed. Our allied health advisory team of Occupational Therapists and Psychologists are available as part of this service.
This is a fully funded service if you are eligible. To access the Employment in Schools service complete this form
To join the programme
What we do:
Call 0800 236 757 | Email: email@example.com
How the programme works
- Joint initial assessment with Occupational Therapist and Employment Consultant
- Programme plan that's tailored to each student
- Quality of life measure completed
- Skills for work and life (group)
- Skill for work and life (individual)
- Job sampling and Pre employment preparation
- Paid work (after school/weekends)
- Workplace assessment
- Student has left school and is in paid work
- Student has left school and tansferred to Employment Placement and Inclusion programmer
- Voluntary exit
- Outcome measure re-done
People eligible to participate in the service will:
• Be currently living in New Zealand
• Be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
• Be aged between 14 and 21 years (on enrolment)
• Be neuro-diverse, have a disability, health condition, or mental health condition that is likely to persist for more than six months, and presents a barrier to employment
• Be enrolled in a Secondary School or Kura Kaupapa Māori in New Zealand and be planning to leave school within two years of engaging with the service
The Employment Service in Schools is a pilot being run by the Ministry of Social Development in conjunction with the Ministry of Education and participating schools/Kura Kaupapa Māori.
Submit your details to receive more information about Employment Service In Schools. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
In partnership with Nga Pou Mana
Want to find out more? Contact APM today