Dealing with pain can be a complex process, often needing more than one treatment solution. APM can help reduce the impact of persistent pain on your life and help you recover faster. Our pain management programme keeps the focus on getting you back to doing the things that make life rich and fulfilling.
We work with you to develop a personalised action plan, including:
- Health and lifestyle adjustments
- Self-management strategies
- Detailed pain assessment to understand your circumstances and set suitable goals
Your pain management plan could include support from our multidisciplinary network of health professionals including:
- Occupational therapists
- Pain Specialists
- Registered nurses
- Social workers
Our team of experts deliver Pain Management Services privately or on behalf of ACC. If you’re experiencing pain following an injury, ask your GP or ACC case manager for a referral to APM today.
Dealing with persistent pain?
APMs Pain Triage service is a multidisciplinary service that can support people living with persistent pain.
We assess the situation, understand the needs and recommend the best clinical pathway and services to meet those needs.
To be eligible for this service, you must:
- Have an ACC covered injury
- Have persistent pain lasting 3 months or more
To access this service you will require a referral from a Physician or an Allied Health professional.
The process is simple:
- Talk to your Physician or Allied Health professional
- Ask for a referral to APM
- Wait to be contacted by our team
Want to find out more? Contact APM today