APM is committed to enabling better lives for New Zealanders of all ages, including children
Our team of highly experienced paediatric therapists provides families with options to access assessment and therapy services without the delays of the public system. We know that early identification and access to proper supports are vital in helping children and young people reach their full potential.
APM’s Paediatric/Tamariki service provides child and family-focused therapy for infants, children, and young people. Our therapists are flexible, working with families in their home or community, educational settings, or clinics.
Our team of therapists are passionate about making a difference and engage in ongoing learning and research to ensure an innovative and responsive approach. Our therapists are registered with the relevant professional registration boards, hold current practising certificates, and have vulnerable children’s police checks.
Getting to us
You can approach our local teams directly for professional support for your children, or you may be referred to us by ACC or your healthcare provider.
We work with children to improve...
|Speech and communication:
Skills for learning:
- First words, speech sound articulation and fluency
- Language difficulties including expressing and understanding language
- Social communication skills for home, school, and community
- Play/social skills
- Transition support, incl. ‘School Readiness’ and transition between schools
- Learning abilities, incl. reading, writing, and spelling
- Developmental concerns
- Fine motor and pre-writing skills
- Sequencing skills
- Social skills i.e. turn taking, understanding emotions, participation
- Sleep issues
- Personal-care skills, incl. toileting, dressing, showering, eating and drinking etc
- Independent living skills, incl. cooking, cleaning, work skills
- Fussy eating/dietary needs
- Equipment prescription i.e. toileting/showering/bathing/eating/sleeping
- Sensory processing/regulations
- Sensory profiles
Behaviour and emotional health:
- Behaviour support plans
- Mental health and post trauma support
- Attention difficulties
- Emotional regulation/managing big emotions/anger/anxiety
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Standing and walking
- Posture, balance and strength
- Coordination and motor skills
- Visual/motor skills
- Equipment for walking/standing/transfers/wheelchairs and buggies
Training/other support services:
- Parenting sessions/workshops
- Group therapy
- Staff training for schools, early childhood, SENCO and RTBL teams.
Our training packages include:
- Manual Handling
- Sensory processing/regulation
- Behaviour support
- Mental Health support
As appropriate, we work with medical teams, schools, early childhood, government agencies, and other community supports. This helps us provide holistic assessment and treatment options. When you choose APM, you gain access to highly skilled and experienced paediatric therapists dedicated to delivering excellent service.
Our team includes:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Child development coaches
Not sure how APM can help you?