In school with a disability or health condition and wanting to work?
If you're considering leaving school in the next two years you may be eligible for our Employment Services in Schools
This service is to support students thinking of leaving school in next year or two, who are living with disabilities and health conditions, in their journey towards employment. This service includes students' family as we help them prepare for work, gain work experience and find a job.
We create a personalised employment plan and collaborate with students’ existing school and learning supports to ensure educational and employment goals are aligned. A dedicated employment consultant will work one-on-one with the student to identify and support these goals by seeking training or employment opportunities.
Uncover your best pathway to employment
What we do:
APM will collaborate with your family/whānau/aiga, your school and wider health and support network as needed. Our allied health advisory team of Occupational Therapists and Psychologists are available as part of this service.This service is fully funded with no cost to you.
Talk to an Employment Consultant today
Call 0800 236 757 | Email: email@example.com
People eligible to participate in the service will:
• Be currently living in New Zealand
• Be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
• Be aged between 14 and 21 years (on enrolment)
• Be neuro-diverse, have a disability, health condition, or mental health condition that is likely to persist for more than six months, and presents a barrier to employment
• Be enrolled in a Secondary School or Kura Kaupapa Māori in New Zealand and be planning to leave school within two years of engaging with the service
The Employment Service in Schools is a pilot being run by the Ministry of Social Development in conjunction with the Ministry of Education and participating schools/Kura Kaupapa Māori.
Submit your details to receive more information about Employment Service In Schools. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
In partnership with Nga Pou Mana
Want to find out more? Contact APM today