Did you know workplace injuries cost the New Zealand economy more than $3.5 billion per year?
We work with you to identify and minimise workplace and employee risks to reduce the business and personal impact of injury.
Our team understands every injury is different and there are no off-the-shelf solutions.
APM delivers services across New Zealand and we know every business has different requirements for injury prevention and rehabilitation services.
Our extensive network of more than 400 allied health professionals includes physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, exercise physiologists and registered nurses.
If one of your employees becomes injured they have a better chance of recovery if they stay at work or make a fast return to their job.
When you come to us for your injury prevention and rehabilitation needs we work with you and your employee to deliver a work-first approach.
This includes using a range of assessments to:
- get a clearer picture of the injury, what your employee can do safely and when they're likely to return to work
- find any barriers that could prevent their return to work
- set up an individual return to work plan
An injured employee's return to work plan may include reduced work hours, alternative tasks or jobs, new tools or equipment, help with travel and support to make modifications to your workplace.
Your tailored assessment service
We work with you to understand your business and the needs of your workforce with a range of assessments and training
- We review your workplace and ensure your team can perform tasks safely without physical discomfort. This can be an office, a factory floor or a workplace vehicle.
- It is a key preventative strategy and will ensure your team’s work environment is set up appropriately for safe work practices.
- Functional capacity evaluations determine your employee’s physical capacity for work.
- We use the Physical Work Performance Evaluation (PWPE) system to accurately and objectively measures your employee’s physical capabilities.
- You get details of your employee’s overall level of work, performance through an eight-hour day and sincerity of effort.
- For injured employees it also sees if there is a match between a person’s abilities and their job, or other potential occupations.
- Results are summarised in a concise, objective and easy-to-read format for use by doctors, injury management consultants, insurers, employers, solicitors and employees.
- Our consultants provide a detailed assessment of your workplace to determine potential risks and ensure your team are in a safe environment.
- These usually form part of our tailored delivery of manual handling training.
- Our assessments ensures specific manual handling risks are incorporated into the training.
- Training can be offered to individuals or groups on location or at an APM Workcare office.
- Vocational assessments identify suitable and realistic job options by looking at your employee’s functional capacity, transferable skills, employment history, qualifications, interests, aptitude and earnings.
- The assessment is often supported with local labour market research to ensure realistic job goals can be established.
If a member of your team needs an assessment, use our make a referral form or get in touch with us today to see how we can help you support your employee.
In partnership with Nga Pou Mana
Want to find out more? Contact APM today